These are some very useful tips for playing well in League of Legends. These will not make you win every game, it will not make you unkillable, and it will not make you more skilled than you really are. These are just basic and fairly straight forward things to do to prevent dying a terrible, terrible death at the hands of your enemies.
1. I have seen this many places, but it requires repeating. Do not chase Singed!
2. Last hit, last hit, last hit, last hit. Quit pushing your lanes all the way up to the enemy tower unless you are in the position to deal a huge chunk of damage to it.
3. Buy at least 1 ward every time you go back if you can afford it and know where to place them for maximum coverage.
4. Don’t stay at a tower that you KNOW is going to go down. You are just going to give the enemy team a tower AND a kill.
5. Never give up Baron or Dragon for free if you can do anything. Don’t just give away a kill, but try to stop them.
6. Unless you are guarding your base, do not just stand around. Always be doing something. If you deadlock while trying to push a tower, move on. You are wasting time by continually trying and failing to push a tower or just standing at a tower.
7. Going off by yourself after the laning phase is the best way to get yourself jumped on by the entire enemy team and getting killed.
8. Do not JUST follow someone’s champion build. Every game, with every team comp (for your team AND theirs), you WILL need to vary your build even if it’s just a little. There is NO reason to get a Last Whisper if your enemy team has no armor. Adapt your build to each game.